Friday, January 8, 2010

My Approveal And Pre-Op

December23,2009, John called the insurance company to see if I got their approval for surgery for the second implant. The insurance companies said yes, it is a medical necessity to have a second implant and that they would pay for it to be done. They also told me to have my pre-op done on December 28, 2009. John, the boys and I went to St. Thomas Hospital in Nashville, Tennessee to get my pre-op done on December 28,2009 Wednesday's surgery.


When they called me back to get all the paperwork done, while the nurse was doing this, she kept looking at me and said "I remember you and when you were here the last. It was 11 months ago to get the chochlear implant for your left ear." I said yes and she said "Isn't it funny that I got all your paperwork" The first time was months ago. John and I and the lady laughed so hard about it was really funny to have the same pre-op registration nurse.


She asked me if I was going for the second implant and I answered yes. She said "You are really doing well on your first one" and smiled as we were going to another station to get other things done. She looked at the boys and said your mom and I are buddies and told John to take good care of me until Wednesday as they would take over at the time of the surgery and then he can have me back. So everything is set for Wendnesday December 30,2009

No comments:

Post a Comment